Let's Plan Your Trip
Palm Coast & Flagler Beach - Fishing
Salt and freshwater fishing galore! This part of Florida is an angler's dream – in fact, before tourism took over, fishing was Flagler's main industry. To get the fine print out of the way well before your vacation begins, we've provided relevant links, details and licensing info below. For bait and tackle rental, please continue to explore on!
Do you need a fishing license?
Yes – unless going out on a charter with a licensed fishing guide (see following section). If fishing yourself, you'll need a non-resident license. Fresh and saltwater rates are the same and cover 3- and 7-day periods (before scaling to an annual pass). While you can pick one up at a tackle shop, save yourself some time and order it online: www.wildlifelicense.com or by phone 1-888-347-4356.
- Helpful reading: The Boating & Angling Guide to Flagler & St. Johns County
PALM COAST FISHING
Captain Chris Herrera invites guests aboard his shallow water skiff, where you'll cover the Intracoastal waterway and its tributaries.
- Website: www.palmcoastfishing.com
- Children: Children welcome
- Keep in mind: Bring your own snacks! Polarized sunglasses recommended.
Osprey Fishing Charters (Light tackle or fly fishing)
Captain Rob offers both beginners and pros the chance to catch snook, redfish, trout, flounder and tarpon – all locally, within Flagler County. The truly lucky might catch a mangrove snapper.
- Website: www.flaglerfishingcharters.com
- Address: 46 Bulow Woods Circle, Flagler Beach, FL 32136
- Children: Yes! All ages welcome.
- Keep in mind: USCG licensed and insured
CAPTAIN MIKE'S CHARTERS (INSHORE AND OFFSHORE FISHING)
Captain Mike suggests that, with his help, you can "reel in the big one without the tall tales". From trout to king mackerel and mahi-mahi, your fishing adventure can take shape in one of three boats. Choose between comfort, speed or a minimum water depth of just eleven inches.
- Website: www.captainmikescharters.net
- Children: Yes, depending on the boat. Call with inquiries.
- Keep in mind: USCG Certified Captain
SAILING AND BOATING
If you'd rather be on the water than in it, Palm Coast and Flagler Beach have boating possibilities galore. If coming with your own boat, you'll find find a friendly welcome at any of three local marinas. Otherwise, rent a powerboat or a yacht locally, or take a charter. For now, let's get to know the local waterways:
- Website: Boating the Intracoastal
MARINELAND MUNICIPAL MARINA
- Website: www.marinelandmarina.com
- Address: 101 Tolstoy Lane, St. Augustine, FL 32080
MARINA AT HAMMOCK BEACH RESORT
- Website: Marina at Hammock Beach Resort online
- Address: 200 Ocean Crest Drive, Palm Coast, FL
PALM COAST MARINA
- Website: palmcoastmarina.net
- Address: 200 Clubhouse Drive Palm Coast, FL 32137
- Keep in mind: Boat rentals also available from Palm Coast Yachts, on site
ELECTRIC BOAT RENTALS OF PALM COAST (AT TROPICAL KAYAKS)
While boating experience is required to rent an electric boat, Tropical Kayaks' range of motor and human-powered craft (including water bikes) suits anyone and everyone wanting water. A great alternative to a powerboat, these electric boats are perfectly quiet on the water (meaning you'll see more wildlife).
- Website: www.kayakcafe.com
- Address: 200 ClubHouse Dr. Palm Coast, Fl. 32136
- Children: Must be over 21
- Keep in mind: Reservations recommended
While this coast isn't known for its diving or snorkeling, it's an ideal place to try surfing. Kids are especially catered to – and with their lower center of gravity, why not! Of course, you'll find surf shops offering rentals and lessons along the entire coast, but here are few local to Palm Coast, Ocean Hammock and Flagler Beach.
Hammock Beach Surf Lessons (Hammock Water Sports)
Great surf lessons for all ages, especially welcoming to beginners. Kids particularly will love the board-cam which will upload their best action shots to Facebook.
- Facebook: Hammock Water Sports
- Website: Surf Station online
- Address: 5054 N. Oceanshore Blvd. Palm Coast, FL 32137
- Children: Ages 5 and up