Let's Plan Your Trip
Northeast Florida - Day Trips & Attractions Tips: Kennedy Space Center
A fascinating day well-suited to both adults and children, you'll get the most from your visit if you plan it in advance. Definitely allow a full day – to give you an idea of scale, the Space Center sits alone on an island six times the size of Manhattan. (So you'll appreciate the shuttle buses as much as the shuttle launches). A great variety of exhibits appeal to all interests, from space, to history, to technology, however the center is huge and it's easy to miss something good. A printable day-planner feature lets you plan a full- or half-day visit, adding in special requirements as necessary. Don't miss: the Space Shuttle launch simulator.
Planning your visit:
- Website: www.ksc.nasa.gov
- Day-planner: https://kennedyspacecenterplanner.com
- Address: Kennedy Space Center, FL, 32899
- Ticket tips: Tremendous range of ticket packages and pricing. Spend some time on the website to choose the best option for you.
- Twitter: KSC is active on Twitter and offers occasional discounts.
- Save: Check for online special offers, including ongoing deals for online booking & military discounts.
- Spend: KSC has a great variety of optional add-ons, but you'll need to plan them in advance. 'Lunch With An Astronaut' is a pricey (but tasty) option for the serious space or history buff. If your kids tune out at normal dinner parties, this might appeal more to just the grown-ups.
- Children: Have they seen Apollo 13? A great way to ignite their interest in space. You're advised to "BYO-entertainment" for kids under 5. There is a playground but its appeal might not last an entire day.
On the day:
- What to see: For some time out of the sun, catch an IMAX® movie narrated by Tom Hanks
- What to skip: The Orbit Café.
- Pets: Free air-conditioned kennels are available.
- Keep in mind: Parking, strollers and wheelchairs are complimentary. Note that many of the exhibits are outside, so bring water and a good hat!