Let's Plan Your Trip
Palm Coast & Flagler Beach - Must See History
TOP PICK: FLORIDA AGRICULTURAL MUSEUM
- Horses - guided trail riding, equestrian camps, riding lessons
- Historic buildings and farm animals - good for kids and photographers
- Kids' parties, weddings, plus ongoing events and festivals
A visit to 'FAM' will suit kids (there are cute animals), photographers (there are ramshackle buildings), not to mention any budding equestrians amongst you. The gift shop manages to be charming not commercial, with farm-stand wares like local honey and home-made soap.
- History? Get a dose of old Florida, visiting an 1890s farmhouse and then heading out (on foot or by tractor) to meet Cracker Cows (again, yes, really) and other heritage livestock.
- Horses? And then some. Call ahead to book a guided trail ride or to reserve a spot at the popular equestrian camps. The riding trails cover 400 acres on the farm property itself, with room to wander even further on adjoining trails.
- Activities? Get as involved with olden-days farm life as you care to. Kids can feed the chickens, pump water and even try out corn-shucking.
- Events? Ongoing and annual events include the "Hot & Spicy Festival", orienteering days, a folk festival, civil war re-enactments, and haunted halloween trails.
- Website: www.myagmuseum.com
- Address: 7900 Old Kings Road, Palm Coast, FL 32137
- Children: Does Disney have a Florida piney woods rooter hog? Doubt it. If your kids are going to associate Florida with a specific animal, why not add some historic substance?
- Keep in mind: Don't be put off by the dull name - it's a great afternoon out. Hard to find though! Closed Monday and Tuesday.