Let's Plan Your Trip
Jacksonville - Ponte Vedra Beach: Bird Trail
An easily accessibly stop on the Great Florida Birding Trail, with two walking trails as well as a boardwalk around the park's pond. Spend a while observing this example of Northeast Florida's ecosystem – benches keep you comfortable, while information signs on local wildlife, as well as a cellphone audio tour, mean there's plenty to get out of a visit. The park is especially rewarding during migration, when its rookery reaches maximum occupancy.
- Website: https://www.birdislandpark.com
- Address: 101 Library Blvd.., Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, 32082
- Getting here: Next to the Ponte Vedra Beach Library
- Cell phone audio tour: https://www.scenica1a.org/recreation.html
- Great Florida Birding Trail: https://www.floridabirdingtrail.com
- Children: Children's play area and storytelling arena.
A convenient group of shops and restaurants near TPC Sawgrass. A much-improved take on the strip mall, it's laid out in a village format and occasionally hosts art and classic car festivals. Many of our recommended Ponte Vedra restaurants are here.
- Website: https://www.sawgrassvillagepvb.com
- Address: 1100 Sawgrass Village Drive, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082