Let's Plan Your Trip
St. Augustine Old Town - Tours on Wheels
TRAIN AND TROLLEY TOURS
There's no better way to gain your bearings on first arrival than to take a tour. Whether you use it to quickly circle the city and decide what to visit in- person, or as a means of transportation over a few days - you'll easily get your money's worth. In most cases you'll get a better deal by booking ahead online. Don't forget to dress warmly in the winter - these are open vehicles and there'll be a breeze.
GOLD CITY HISTORY TOURS
Eco-friendly electric vehicles and very small group size (8 people max). Great for kids, interesting for teens and a good use of rainy days. This smaller vehicle means great access. This is a tour-tour; ride around once and you're done.
- Website: www.staugustinegoldtours.com
- Address: Departs from 31 Orange Street
- Children: Discounted children's tickets
- Keep in mind: By reservation only
- Got back problems? Both options have hard plastic seats that might jostle you. You might have a smoother ride sitting up front.
- Don't like the driver? Hop off, friend. Another one will be along in 15 minutes or so.
OLD TOWN TROLLEY TOURS OF ST. AUGUSTINE
(Green and orange). Trolley tickets are valid for 3 days and make 22 stops - ideal if you plan to take your time digging around town. It's also a good way to get around if you'd rather not walk (or it's hot). Free parking is included with your ticket and the trolleys boast strong reviews & great customer service.
- Website: https://www.trolleytours.com/st-augustine
- Address: Board at the Old Jail (167 San Marco Ave)
- Children: Free for kids 6 and under, with discounts for 6-12s.
- Pets: Guide dogs only
- Keep in mind: Two trolleys are wheelchair-accessible. Call ahead for times.
ST. AUGUSTINE SIGHTSEEING TRAINS
(The 'red trains'). Run by Ripley's, the bright red trains look like a more commercial operation and will probably appeal more to kids. 1-, 3- and 5-day passes are available, which give you access to discounts at various city outlets. They offer bundle deals for the Ripley's Museum and mini-golf if they're on your itinerary. In addition, there are Sunset Tours and Black History Tours - plus the ubiquitous ghost tour.
- Website: https://www.ripleys.com/redtrains
- Address: 170 San Marco Ave, St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Children: Discount for children
- Pets: Well-behaved small dogs (under 15 pounds)
- Keep in mind: Half-off for military
SOMETHING A BIT DIFFERENT
Want to see St. Augustine in a memorable way? Find a range of guided and self- guided tours with unconventional means of travel - horses, Segways, pedicabs and Florida 'ScootCoupes'.
ST. AUGUSTINE SEGWAY TOURS
Long-time locals invite you behind the tourist streets of this fascinating city. Two tours daily - strap on your helmet and roll, baby.
- Website: https://www.segwaystaugustine.com
- Address: 11 Magnolia Avenue, St. Augustine, FL 32084 (Fountain of Youth)
- Children: Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Keep in mind: High heels and and 'Shape-Up' shoes not recommended
SEGS BY THE SEA
A slightly self-deprecating take on their tour offerings, this company brings you the "Artsy Fartzy Tour", amongst regular sightseeing options and a summertime night tour. If you've ever envied a mall-cop's Segway steed, here's your chance.
- Website: https://staugustinesegways.com
- Address: 93 King Street, St. Augustine, FL 32084
Weird and wonderful
Strange little buggy cars straight out of the Jetsons, ScootCoupes are available for hire and touring St. Augustine's town and coast. They're road legal and reach up to 40 mph - you've never seen wheels like this. GPS units provide a DIY-tour that's part- history, part-Disney ride.
- Website: https://www.funrentals.us/saint-augustine.php
- Address: 32 San Marco Ave, St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Children: Each ScootCoupe has one passenger seat
- Keep in mind: Check the website for a coupon
An easy option for the spontaneous - you're able to hop into one of these carriages wherever you see one parked. Count on a tour bordering on a performance - with some drivers more into it than others.
- Website: https://countrycarriages.net
- Address: Bay-front between the fort and the bridge
- Children: Kids welcome
Tours by air
ST. AUGUSTINE AIR TOURS
Fly high in a 1930s bi-plane as you loop and roll over St. Augustine. A splurge, yes, but a memorable activity for just the two of you - especially at sunset.
- Website: https://www.staugustineairtours.com
- Address: 4900 US 1 North, St. Augustine, FL 32095
- Keep in mind: They offer a range of flights at all price brackets