Let's Plan Your Trip
St. Augustine Old Town - Music & Festivals
Through the summer, both visitors and locals enjoy two free concerts, one on Wednesday and one on Thursday, every week. In addition to an annual classical music festival, there's a great deal of live music going on, all around town. For a great up-to-date listing of what's on, see Old City music news.
MUSIC BY THE SEA (WEDNESDAY)
Bring your beach chairs to enjoy a range of music, something different every week. Annual anniversary shows bring the big names - most recently former members of The Hollies, The Moody Blues, and Wings.
- Website: https://thecivicassociation.com
- Address: St. Augustine Beach
- Children: Family-friendly
- Keep in mind: From May through September
CONCERTS IN THE PLAZA (THURSDAY)
Gather your picnic around a gazebo, for another summer evening of free music. Is St. Augustine good to you or what? Check the website for the schedule, it might be anything from bluegrass to pop-rock.
- Website: Concerts in the Plaza online
- Address: Cathedral Place and King Street, to the west of the Bridge of Lions
- Keep in mind: Memorial Day through Labor Day
ST. AUGUSTINE MUSIC FESTIVAL (ANNUAL)
Two musicians in the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra founded this free summer festival in 2007, and it's now a much-anticipated feature of St. Augustine's events calendar
- Website: https://staugustinemusicfestival.org
- Date: Consecutive weekends in June
- Keep in mind: Did we mention it's free?
RHYTHM AND RIBS FESTIVAL (ANNUAL)
Barbeque. Live music. (And - if applicable - your children, happy and smiling). This annual, 3-day event is for charity and last year welcomed 20,000 visitors.
- Website: https://www.rhythmandribs.net
- Date: Early April