Let's Plan Your Trip
St. Augustine Old Town - Restaurants
What's the dress code here? Casual for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Unless a restaurant is designated as fine dining, you're welcome to dress as a tourist enjoying warm weather. If you're happy in shorts and T-shirts, so is everyone else.
THE TASTING ROOM
Taking home 4 awards in a recent "Best of St. Augustine" survey (including best tapas and best wine list), you can trust your Spanish food in St. Augustine. To keep your focus on your friends, family and conversation, the menu makes it easy and has "Ultimate Lunch or Dinner" options - a chef's choice of tasting plates to share. Why not try: Goat Cheese Empanadas.
- Cuisine: Tapas
- Website: https://www.tastetapas.com
- Address: 25 Cuna St., St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Keep in mind: Live music nightly
In the thick of St. Augustine's historic district, the Columbia is very much on the beaten track - but that's not to its discredit. Part of a Floridian family of Spanish restaurants founded in 1905, the room itself packs the same architectural interest you'll find outside. Why not try: Paella Campesina.
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Website: https://www.columbiarestaurant.com/st_augustine.asp
- Address: 98 Saint George St., St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Children: Kids' menu available
- Keep in mind: Open 365 days a year, take-out also available
Quick! Think of something special to celebrate! This restaurant sits, deservedly, in the "Hey, Big Spender" category - and you'll love every minute. Top-notch service, ambiance and excellent food. Save room for: The Bougainvillea Dessert.
- Cuisine: Fine dining
- Website: https://www.collagestaug.com
- Address: 60 Hypolita Street St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Keep in mind: Reservations recommended
To spoil someone you love, head to 95 Cordova. A romantic, elegant spot where you'll want a reservation to guarantee getting in. Arrive early? Savor a cocktail near the piano after no-stress parking: valet is available! (Not always the case in this pedestrian town). To make an evening of it, stop for a night-cap at the Cobalt Lounge, also on-site. It presents live music every night. Want to bring the whole family? Book for Sunday brunch instead (or as well?). Save room for: Meyer Lemon and Lavender Pot De Crème (menu changes seasonally).
- Cuisine: Fusion
- Website: https://www.casamonica.com/dining/dining.asp
- Address: 1888, 95 Cordova St., St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Keep in mind: Located in the Casa Monica hotel.
THE PRESENT MOMENT CAFÉ
When you've had your fill of beach burgers or seafood, the green, healthy stuff is waiting at this ever-so-holistic café. If your body isn't a temple quite yet, you'll be glad to stop for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert. Save room for: Chocolate Marble Torte with Drunken Banana.
- Cuisine: Organic vegetarian and gluten-free
- Website: https://www.thepresentmomentcafe.com
- Address: U.S. 1 South, 224 W King St., St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Keep in mind: Take-out available
HARRY'S SEAFOOD, BAR & GRILLE
Sitting on the river just besides the Bridge of Lions, Harry's is a St. Augustine landmark. Seafood is fresh as can be, though the menu offers plenty of choice f o r a l l p a l a t e s . E n j oy t h e o u t d o o r courtyard flanked with soaring trees. The building dates to the 1740s and retains original coquina walls. When was the last time you ate within such storied walls?
- Cuisine: Louisiana seafood
- Website: Harry's Seafood Facebook
- Address: 46 Avenida Menendez, St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Children: Kids' menu available, Mardi Gras beads for children
- Pets: Welcome in the outdoor courtyard
THE BLACK MOLLY GRILL
A local's place serving local food - beat that! Extremely welcoming to families, the tablecloths are paper with a side of Crayola. Don't let its strip-mall location put you off, this place is independently owned and operated by long-time restauranteurs. The menu also offers a chance to try out the local specialty - datil peppers. Save room for: Key Lime Pie - from scratch!
- Cuisine: Seafood, steaks, fresh and local
- Website: https://www.blackmollygrill.com
- Address: 504 W Geoffrey Street, St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Children: Very family-friendly
- Keep in mind: Desserts change daily.
Organic ingredients take center stage. Maya welcomes you into a Yucatan hearth and home. Try to reserve an outside table if you can - the patio is idyllic. The menu boasts organic ingredients, bought locally and fresh each day. Try the: Hibiscus Sangria or Mayan Cinnamon Hot Chocolate.
- Cuisine: Mayan
- Website: Casa Maya Facebook
- Address: 22 Hypolita Street, St. Augustine 32084
- Keep in mind: This place is tiny!