Let's Plan Your Trip
St. Augustine Beach - Vilano Beach: Things to Do
SEASIDE HORSEBACK RIDING
Saddle up and head down the shore. By reservation, enjoy an hour's horse ride along Vilano Beach - whether with your spouse or partner, or in a group. A sedate but beautiful way to enjoy the beach - wind in your hair and all.
- Website: https://countrycarriages.net
- Address: 6 Surfside Ave, St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Keep in mind: Walking only (no galloping), and wear closed-toed shoes.
VILANO BEACH FISHING PIER
Free fishing access and all the pelicans you could want.
- Website: https://www.vilanobeachfl.com
- Address: 250 Vilano Rd, St. Augustine , FL 32084
- Keep in mind: Publix supermarket is close if you'd like to picnic.
VILANO'S FLOATING BOAT DOCK
Brand new in 2012, the dock floats just besides Vilano Beach Pier and allows boaters free docking for four hours. Plenty of time to grab a beer and something to eat, as well as stock up on groceries at the nearby Publix.
Many charters (boats, jet-skis, fishing, etc) operate from here - else you can stay on dry land and enjoy the public beach access with picnic areas and outdoor showers.
- Website: Surfside Park online
- Address: 3070 Coastal Highway
Rules and regs
Born on or after January 1, 1988? Before you hope on a jet-ski in Florida, you'll need to spend a half hour taking a Safe Boater test. Jet-ski rental providers will offer this on-site or you can take it online now and not lose a minute of vacation time.
If renting a jet-ski, your provider will let you know the legal areas for their use on the water. Basically it's a three-mile stretch from Vilano Bridge up the intracoastal.
BAY BOAT RENTALS
Offers new Kawasaki model jet-skis that accommodate up to three people. Life jackets are provided and rental periods range from 30 minutes to four hours.
- Website: https://www.bayrayrentals.com/jet-ski
- Address: 240 Vilano Road, St. Augustine FL, 32080