Let's Plan Your Trip
Traveling with Pets - Pet News Corner
You know you are entering dog lover’s paradise when the Sarasota County government sings praises of a “new era for dogs” within its borders. Venice and Sarasota are considered to be two of the most beautiful areas in Florida, and boasts four barrier islands worthy of exploration.
Venice is also a place worth visiting for what many consider the best dog beach in Florida. For dog lovers, noteworthy in Venice is The Brohard Paw Park (1600 Harbor Dr. S., 941-861-9830), with doggie drinking fountains, showers on decks for dogs only, fire hydrants and leash posts. The park is also adjacent to the only beach area in the county where dogs are allowed to roam free. Dog lovers have declared this park and beach to be the best doggy park in the state.
Due to the recent hurricanes buffeting the coasts of Florida, Pet Vacation Homes feels it is a needed service to post an extensive list of pet shelters, rescues, breed and adoption agencies in Florida. Many, if not all of these places will have disaster relief information that will be helpful in this time of need. Be sure to remember to take care of your pets needs if you will be leaving the area and not bringing your furry companion. We will be updating this list as more information becomes available.
- Suncoast Humane Society - Englewood
- Animal Welfare League of Charlotte County - Port CharlotteThe Humane Society of Sarasota County - Sarasota
- Heartland Animal Rescue - Sebring
- Save Our Strays - St. Petersburg (Cats Only)
- SPCA of Pinellas County - Tampa
- Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Club of Greater Tampa Bay - Sarasota
- Cocker Spaniel/Small Dog Rescue of Central Florida - Statewide
- Florida Doberman Rescue - Statewide
- Doberman Rescue Concern of Florida - Statewide
- Florida Basset Rescue, Inc. - Statewide
And, for those looking for pet friendly homes condos and accommodations on the East of Florida, perhaps the Palm Coast and Ocean Hammock would be a nice place to visit. Palm Coast Vacation Rentals Condos Florida at Cinnamon Beach in the Ocean Hammock Beach Club Lodge offers luxury condo hotel like rentals accommodations in a relaxed golf and beach setting. Our Cinnamon Beach luxury ocean front condos overlook the Ocean Hammock Golf Club Resort, a stunning golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus. Best of all, our Palm Coast Florida vacation rental condos in Ocean Hammock Beach Club are just a few steps away from cinnamon colored sand of Ocean Hammocks private beach.