Let's Plan Your Trip
Planning Your Trip - Northeast Florida's Top 10
- Tour old St. Augustine on foot, horse, bike, trolley, train or Segway (page 17). Then, head across the Bridge of Lions to climb to the top of St. Augustine Lighthouse
- Drive up or down the scenic A1A highway, finding your new favorite beach
- Spend an afternoon looking for right whales, dolphins or manatees - preferably from an ocean- or water-front bar or restaurant
- Get local: go shopping at a local farmers' market. Then, make time for The Florida Agricultural Museum. It sounds boring, but it's brilliant!
- See the St. Augustine Pirate and Treasure Museum
- Book a Ripple Effect Eco-tour. If you have more time, try a new water-sport - anything goes!
- Visit the Castillo de San Marcos
- Hunt for sharks' teeth - they're older than you think - or search for something special at St. Johns Town Center, an upscale pedestrian mall
- Spend a day at Anastasia State Park or consider 'Tai Chi By The Sea' at Gamble Rogers Memorial State Recreation Area
- Have a day to spare for something off the beach? Our top pick for a perfect day-trip is the Kennedy Space Center