Waves 19 is an easy five-minute stroll from the beach and the Gulf of Mexico. The two-bedroom, two-bathroom condo isn’t part of some giant development, however. The entire gated complex has only 20 units. That means you won’t have to battle crowds to enjoy a swim in the heated pool, nor will you have to fight over the chaises on the poolside patio. At times you and your family might be the only ones relaxing among the leafy palm trees or playing Marco Polo in the pool. You might not even have to wait your turn to play air hockey in the complex’s game room. What’s more, the Waves complex has an outdoor grill. If you reel in any flounder or trout while on a fishing charter, you can barbecue it right here; the salt-laced breeze is the perfect seasoning.
As for Waves 19 itself, the two-bedroom, two-bathroom corner unit is located on the second floor. The master bedroom includes a luxurious California king bed, the other two twin beds. Both rooms feature a flat-screen TV and a ceiling fan to help lull you to sleep on evenings when it’s not quite warm enough for air-conditioning. Even better, there’s a full bathroom for each bedroom: You won’t have to wait on line for your turn to take a shower. Though the bedrooms offer plenty of storage—there’s even a huge walk-in closet—you can pack light if you prefer: Waves 19 has its own private washer and dryer.
The open-plan great room is spacious enough to accommodate 2 sitting areas, each with its own plush couches. The kids can watch a movie on the 50” flat-screen TV in one area while the adults chat over cocktails in the other. This layout really comes in handy if you have additional overnight guests, as one of the sofas opens into a queen-size bed, enabling Waves 19 to sleep six people in total.
You can set up your laptop at the living area’s desk, unless you’d prefer to take advantage of the free WiFi while perched at Waves 19’s breakfast bar. Three people can sit at the counter for a snack or to help with food prep. The kitchen, on the other side of the breakfast bar, is fully equipped with appliances, cookware, and tableware. There’s even a dishwasher, because nobody wants to scrub plates when the beach is just a hop, skip, and jump away. The dining table, which seats four with room to spare, is large enough for you to spread out a 1,000-piece puzzle or gather around for a game of Monopoly.
Then again, you might not be spending much time indoors. Just a few blocks from Waves 19 is Upham Beach. A favorite spot of dolphins, it’s notable for its pristine white sand and a rock jetty almost tailor-made for watching the fiery sunsets over the gulf. When you’re not swimming, canoeing, kayaking, parasailing, paddleboarding, racing jet skis, or collecting seashells, you can enjoy lunch or a snack at the Seaside Grill—it’s right along the beach.
If you tire of sand and surf (difficult to imagine, we know!), you can walk to Corey Avenue in less than ten minutes from Waves 19. Lined with galleries, boutiques, and eateries, it also hosts a Sunday open-air market with live music and other events. Or you can head to St. Petersburg; the Dalí Museum, the Chihuly Collection, the Sunken Gardens, and Weedon Island Preserve are among the attractions within a half-hour’s drive.
Waves 19 has a one-week minimum stay, but once you’re here you’ll never want to leave. Make your reservation today, and start planning how you’ll be spending your time in the sun.
Plus Additional Fees
*** Final pricing will include fees in addition to rent; including an end of stay cleaning fee, booking fee, local taxes and application fee (on select communities). *** All fees will be provided prior to booking.
- Coffee Maker
- Full Kitchen
- Ceiling Fans
- Central Air
- Washer & Dryer
- Medical Srvs Nearby
- Nearby Grocery
- Cable Television
- DVD Player
- Free Wifi
- Miniature Golf
- Near Beach
- Grill Community
- Pool (Heated)
Guest Rating for
Clean! Perfect location!
A vacationer (Reviewed on 02 Apr 2018)
Nice location nice people very close to beach.
A vacationer (Reviewed on 02 Apr 2018)
Waves 19 summary for 2016
- A Traveler from Hartford, WI, United States, (Reviewed on 07 Mar 2016)
Waves 10 to 19
James M B. (Reviewed on 26 May 2015)
St Pete Beach Cole vacation
Tim C. (Reviewed on 04 Apr 2015)
- A Traveler from Hartford, WI, United States, (Reviewed on 09 Mar 2015)
A relaxing week in St Pete Beach
Jack B. (Reviewed on 17 Dec 2014)
Great place for a great price
Gayle M. (Reviewed on 16 Oct 2014)
Nice But Noisy
David T. (Reviewed on 03 Aug 2014)
- A Traveler from Halifax, NS, United States, (Reviewed on 29 May 2014)
spring break 2014
Pete C. (Reviewed on 23 Apr 2014)
Super stay at Waves 19
- A Traveler from Hartford, WI, United States, (Reviewed on 18 Mar 2014)
Enjoyed the location and overall property
- A Traveler from Blenhein, ON, Canada, (Reviewed on 23 Jan 2014)
Quiet apartment in good location
Debbie W. (Reviewed on 31 Oct 2013)
- A Traveler from Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK, United Kingdom, (Reviewed on 30 Aug 2013)
Waves 19 Review
Mr Michael B. (Reviewed on 15 Aug 2013)
- A Traveler from Dade City, FL, United States, (Reviewed on 08 Aug 2013)
Good stay for a good price
Jennifer K. (Reviewed on 22 Jul 2013)
Vacation at the Waves
- A Traveler from Rockland, ON, Canada, (Reviewed on 19 Apr 2013)
The Waves 19
- A Traveler from Hartford, WI, United States, (Reviewed on 11 Mar 2013)
- A Traveler from Chatham, ON, Canada, (Reviewed on 07 Jan 2013)
- A Traveler from St John's, NL, Canada, (Reviewed on 18 Nov 2012)
Gloria J. (Reviewed on 04 Sep 2012)
great get away
Jennifer L. (Reviewed on 29 Jul 2012)
Great Vacation Rental
- A Traveler from Homestead, FL, United States, (Reviewed on 08 Jul 2012)
- A Traveler from Spring Hill, FL, United States, (Reviewed on 23 May 2012)
Great time at the waves!
Jay G. (Reviewed on 26 Apr 2012)
Spring Break @ the Wave
Peggy R. (Reviewed on 10 Apr 2012)
Super stay at the Waves 19
- A Traveler from Hartford, WI, United States, (Reviewed on 12 Mar 2012)
Worked for us.
John G W. (Reviewed on 22 Jan 2012)
Unit #19 at The Wave
Karen M O. (Reviewed on 16 Dec 2011)
Week end wedding
- A Traveler from Fort Gratiot, MI, United States, (Reviewed on 25 Oct 2011)
Michelle H. (Reviewed on 29 Jun 2011)
- A Traveler from Natick, MA, United States, (Reviewed on 06 Jun 2011)
Good size for the four of us. Not too long of a walk to the beach., pool was nice., We actually have stayed at this property before but not at this exact condo. We had a beautiful week.
Zenita T. (Reviewed on 02 May 2011)
- A Traveler from Grimsby, ON, Canada, (Reviewed on 04 Apr 2011)
Amy A. (Reviewed on 03 Apr 2011)
This fully furnished condo has every thing you could ask for. We have stayed here before and will definately be coming back.
- A Traveler from Hartford, WI, United States, (Reviewed on 08 Mar 2011)
Nice but noisy
Colin P. (Reviewed on 16 Dec 2010)
John D. (Reviewed on 27 Jul 2010)
- A Traveler from Flatrock, NL, Canada, (Reviewed on 04 Jun 2010)
- A Traveler from St Johns, NL, Canada, (Reviewed on 22 May 2010)
The noise outside the condo at night was TERRIBLE! There was a group of 'locals' who fought, partied, cursed terribly, and argued every night until apx. 2-4 AM.
- A Traveler from Tipp City, OH, United States, (Reviewed on 05 Apr 2010)
- A Traveler from Grimsby, ON, Canada, (Reviewed on 29 Mar 2010)
Sleepless at The Waves 19
- A Traveler from Hartford, WI, United States, (Reviewed on 15 Mar 2010)
The place was very nice, clean, and great for the 6 of us EXCEPT that the sofa bed was completely unusable - broken and when I called the property's manager all she said was that they had never received a complaint about it.
Audrey W. (Reviewed on 29 Dec 2009)
Gina K. (Reviewed on 08 Aug 2009)